What the role is
As the sector champion for the hotel industry, you will work closely with government agencies, hotel owners and operators, industry associations and stakeholders to drive the development of a resilient, competitive, innovative and sustainable hotel industry underpinned by a strong Singapore core. You will work as part of a team to oversee policies and regulations related to the hotel industry, to build a pro-enterprise and robust landscape for hotel investment, development, operations and compliance.
What you will be working on
Development of hotel licensing back-end system
• Develop an agile and smart back-end licensing system to be integrated with the whole-of-government licensing front-end system to support hotel licensing and regulatory requirements.
• Review and implement enhancements to processes and features in the licensing system when necessary, to ensure an effective licensing process. Design land policies to support long-term development of hotel landscape
• Work with other agencies to design robust land policies and evaluate proposals, to build a vibrant and diverse hospitality industry and support pivots by existing hospitality players where required.
• Foster good relationships and workflows with internal and external stakeholders to identify land supply and development needs for the hotel landscape in a timely manner and secure required buy-in from relevant agencies.
• Research & analysis: Keep abreast of hotel property trends and movements, derive insights from hotel performance data and hotel rooms supply projections to inform decisions. Licensing and regulation of the hotels industry
• Liaise with potential and existing licensees to address inquiries on licensing requirements and legislation.
• Conduct hotel inspections, process the applications end-to-end in the hotels licensing system and prepare hotel licence approval papers to the Hotels Licensing Board.
• Support the review and implementation of a robust compliance and enforcement framework and ensure that timely and upstream measures can be put in place, to facilitate a pro-business environment and reduce the need for downstream enforcement.
What we are looking for
• Analytical & reasoning skills, ability to problem-solve • Organised, detailed-oriented, and meticulous • Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task • Interpersonal skills to manage different stakeholders • Strong written and oral communication skills • Ability to work with data and systems, including using Excel to process data • Good appreciation for policy work, including policy development, implementation and process improvement
About Singapore Tourism Board
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is the lead development agency for tourism, one of Singapore’s key economic sectors. Together with industry partners and the community, we shape a dynamic Singapore tourism landscape. We bring the Passion Made Possible brand to life by differentiating Singapore as a vibrant destination that inspires people to share and deepen their passions. Our success comes from working as one STB team in an environment of trust, openness, fun and care. What can you expect as part of #TeamSTB? • Professional and Personal development: We provide structured training and initiatives aimed at equipping you with a well-rounded set of competencies to excel in your career. • Staff benefits: We offer flexible work arrangement, family care leave and wellness programmes to enable you to achieve a healthy level of work-life effectiveness.
Applications closes on 07/10/2022
Leave a Reply