Transguard Group was established in 2001 and has diversified significantly, we lead in the fields of Cash Services, Security Services, Manpower Services, Facilities Management & Aviation. Transguard Group is the UAE’s most trusted business support and outsourcing provider and has a large, dynamic and culturally diverse workforce with 50,000 employees! We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Engineer – Mechanics for our trusted client to be based out of their headquarters in Dubai.
The job holder is responsible for providing SME Mechanical expertise and support to all Fitout projects executed by Company’s Framework contractors as well as stakeholders across the DXB estate.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that contractors are constructing in accordance to approved design drawings and best industry standards.
- Engineering and design in support of Fitout activities predominantly within airport terminal buildings and associated supporting infrastructure.
- Design Health and Safety.
- Project scheduling and phasing.
- Project risk management tools including HAZOPS and safety cases.
- Communication and interpersonal skills leading to a consultative approach within a corporate / multifunctional, multicultural environment. Knowledge of change management concepts and trends.
- Understanding of the aviation industry. Understanding of issues related to working in a regulated industry.
- Understanding of the complexity and challenges of driving/building a project delivery culture
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to customers and stakeholders
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for participating in change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account leading practices, improvement of processes and productivity improvement.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on contractors’ mechanical works via daily/weekly inspections
- Ensure the proactive and ongoing identification and evaluation of any project-related risks
- Liaise and coordinate between internal and external stakeholders including Concessionaires and their Contractors
- Provide all necessary support to the Fitout Design team on construction related matters
Values and Behaviors
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, take ownership of work and responsibility for outcomes, prioritizing safety, self-management and abiding by ethical standards
- Ability to do what is best for the business – conserving resources, maximizing commercial outcomes and working effectively across boundaries
- Ability to make clear and realistic commitments, setting action plans to achieve them, monitoring progress and sticking with the job until it’s done
- Ability to apply flexible analytical and problem-solving skills to make well-judged, logical decisions that optimise outcomes
- Ability to adopt an energetic, can-do approach, spots opportunities, is proactive and does what is needed, and bounces back when setbacks occur
- Ability to adopt flexible and adaptable approach and brings new ideas, to get the best outcomes in evolving circumstances
- Ability to build strong, positive, trusting connections with others and demonstrating highest levels of respect, empathy and service
- Ability to actively support others to do their best and achieve more, through collaboration, involvement, empowerment, feedback and personal/professional development, using emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate useful and meaningful information to others, and engages others in clear, proactive and transparent ways. Listens carefully and respectfully and influences others positively and effectively
- Ability to apply tools and methods to assess, plan and manage employee engagement and adoption of business-driven changes
- Ability to analyse business impacts and collaborate with other departments to influence effective and efficient decision making in alignment with strategic, operational, commercial and performance objectives
- Ability to assess and analyze the internal and external business environment, assess and appraise competitors and/or suppliers, identify risks and opportunities and implement a course of action to meet corporate objectives
- Ability to uphold and maintain Company’s brand, image and reputation with customers, stakeholders and service providers
- Ability to develop key brand messages and use applicable tools and channels to implement effective communication strategies and plans
- Ability to use appropriate tools and principles to plan, organise, monitor and manage resources, budget and timelines to ensure the successful completion of project goals and objectives
- Compliance with all industry regulated standards and processes
- Ability to use and apply functional expert knowledge and skills to advise and ensure high professional standards, answer expertise related questions and provide solutions to aid and support decision-making across and at all levels of the organisation, in line with internal policies, procedures and quality management framework
- Ability to efficiently and effectively use certified work-related systems, tools, equipment, plant & machinery, vehicles and systems in the appropriate situations and to the required professional standard in order to meet day to day requirements
-Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical
- Ability to read design drawings and inspect construction/fitout works on site.
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of problems and faults in specialist area.
- Technical knowledge of plant and equipment in the relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of local and international regulations and safety procedures.
- Good oral and written communication in English.
- Computer skills i.e. MS office.
- Valid UAE driving license.