Roles & Responsibilities
Members of Marina Bay Sands family and crew of Motor Yacht Paiza One offer contemporary ultra-luxurious service with a strong commitment to create unforgettable memories for our guests and passengers.
The Head Chef onboard the vessel is in charge of all aspects of the culinary experiences including conceptualization, procurement, production and services for a wide array of culinary experiences. The head chef creates appropriate menus applying creativity to craft unforgettable experiences for our passengers.
- Managing all aspects the culinary operations including the provision food and beverage services experience, including pre-production, cold and hot line, pastry and bakery.
- Conduct pre-voyage inspections for all aspects of safe and successful voyage – Provision, cleanliness, adherence to the guest pre-cruise check list.
- Act quickly and appropriately during emergencies to ensure vessel and passenger safety
- Manages and the sous chef – maintaining crew discipline, supports regular safety drills, setting schedules, conducts cooking and service skills training, ensures maintenance of the galley and bars.
- Directs the activities of the sous chef as required and ensures that all crew members understand fully and completely what duties they are expected to perform.
- Maintain professional relationship with crew to ensure the safety, comfort and convenience of passengers.
- Effectively identify, develop, support, and grow talent under his/her leadership.
- Participates in crew management, hiring and recommends progressive disciplinary action in partnership with the Marina Bay Sands Human Resources Department
- Update the in yacht planning management software with issues and events.
- Operates the galley side of the vessel and aspects in accordance with the MBS Lifestyle Pte Ltd and Marina Bays Sands Pte Ltd standard operating procedures, checklists and limitations and as directed by the bridge and the Executive Director Culinary Operations and Luxury Operations.
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Participates in Emergency Response Plan.
- Take charge in emergency situations and is last to abandon ship
- Apply Operational Risks Aversion
- Follow Marina Bay Sands Workplace Safety and Health Policy practices.
- Report any work incidents; may include vandalism, fight, fire, abuse, accidents, etc.
- Observe activities; report any suspicious characters, items and/or activities to support team at Marina Bay Sands.
- Collaborates with the MBS Lifestyle team, planning and communicating various itineraries in various cruising areas.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with Marina Bay Sands senior management to ensure the highest levels of communication and understanding of all Paiza One lifestyle experience strategies.
- Enable and support a culture of communication, collaboration, knowledge, and professional growth to build strong relationships amongst the OneMBS teams.
- Prioritize his/her own professional development and work with the Executive Director of Culinary Operations and Luxury Operations and the Captain to enhance skills sets with respect to leadership, communication, organization, and strategic development.
- Work on other ad-hoc initiatives as required in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible days and hours as required by the business.
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Contribute ideas in support of the company vision, mission, value, and guiding principles.
- Practice well-mannered behavior and grooming according to company standards.
- Attend schedules meetings as required.
- Active involvement in Sands Care and sustainability programs.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by Management.
Education & Certification
- STCW 2010 BST
- 2-3 years experience as a head Chef on superyachts
- 1-2 years superyacht charter chef
- Having a good command of spoken and written English.
- Confident and charismatic personality with great attitude towards passenger and crew
- Risk averse
- Mature, meticulous, resourceful, organized, and able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong communication, management and interpersonal skills, superior leadership
- Maintain professional appearance ensuring highest levels of services experiences for passengers
- The individual possesses superior working knowledge of Western and Asian cooking and preparation techniques, pastry and bakery.
- Maintain hygiene to the highest levels.
- Ability to remain calm and give directions in an emergency situation
- Competent in reviewing financial accounts and propose forecasts and budgets of costs
- Must be able to travel and enter countries worldwide without restrictions and be eligible to apply for VISAS where these are required.
Leave a Reply